Monday, October 22, 2012

Impact




So ..... it all started here, or perhaps I should say.... ended here.



 With this grand event my life took a different turn and the inspiration to post on Hill Country House faded. Not intentionally - it just did.

Design, architecture, decorating, art, antiques, all that great stuff that I love  - well, sitting down to post about them just took a back seat to other things during the month of May.....and then June, July, August, September......




 Our family became immersed in the wonderful business of high school graduation and all that it entails, family celebrations, family vacations, college orientation and move in.

 It's been a fast ride and one full of joy, tears, challenges and lots of goodness.


I ran into one of my blog readers the other day at an antique show where I was set up.
(I have managed to keep up my business, a little.)






 She said the kindest and dearest things to me.





 She told me that she had worried about me since I had not posted in such a long time.
 I was touched that someone noticed.




She told me that her husband had been very ill.



She said that sometimes in the middle of the night when she can't sleep she reads my blog.




When I apologized for not posting in such a long time, she said

"That's okay, I read your old posts and look at old photos."


 "You take me away." 




"You take me places that I can't go right now in my life."






"You show me art and antiques and interesting things that I can't travel to see right now."




She touched me in a way I can't quite describe.





 We bloggers measure ourselves on the number of comments we receive. how many readers and how many followers.......



 We measure ourselves and our blogs on how creative we can be, how original and interesting our posts are.

In the back of my mind,  I have felt some sort of failure at not posting in such a long time. 

Yet in my heart I know I have been taking care of what is most important to me.

My surprise and my blessing is to have heard that I have brought joy to one person, at a time in her life when she needs to be fed, to be inspired, to be distracted.


 Her words meant more to me than any number of comments on a blog post, any stats on how many people read a post.


 Her candidness about her life and her feelings touched me in the deepest sense.



She reminded me of how often we are so absorbed in our own lives, what we are doing or not doing......that we don't realize or even think about what others are experiencing.




Wow. 

Thank you, thank you so much for opening your heart to me.

I am "awarof" you, my sweet friend.

18 comments:

  1. I too have missed you! So glad you're back!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to see a post from you.....we have all missed you. What a heart warming post you have shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter!
    I don't think I've ever commented here before, sorry I'm shy (and lazy, lol).
    I've had your blog in my Reader forever and wondered wha happened to you. So glad it was all good things that kept you away. Happy you're back, your content is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled to see you post again, Ann. You always find the most interesting places, people, and things to share. You have a gift, and it is used by God to bless so many others. Glad to see you up and at 'em again, friend. I'm ready for coffee (or more) when you are....

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Ann! Glad to see a post from you, and to know that you've been busy with loved ones. What a dear post. I do understand, I've received emails from people that literally have me weeping. That was so sweet of her to tell you, as you just never know until the words are spoken/written that you've made a difference.
    wishing you a happy fall,
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thank you, sweet friend.
    Pat A

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautifully phrased post - you have your priorities in the right place, and how touching to discover that you have touched someone deeply without even realising until you met up with her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful post...and it's so true how sometimes you wonder who's really reading or not, so we get slack on writing....and busy with families, life, work and other things take importance....
    I think all of us have started "following" so many blogs in the blog world, that we just don't have time to always comment on each one ....and lately I don't have time to read all of them. So, I'm looking forward to the holidays to catch up on reading/commenting, etc....
    but i always love reading your posts too and just love FRED life! So, I"m happy you're back too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping you will return to blogging now and then in the new year. I miss your posts!
    Wishing you a happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sweet and tender words...God uses us in mysterious ways and what a privilege for you to have been shown by Him just how you have touched a sweet soul. Such a blessing and means more than a 'gazillion' comments. This is truly what our lives are about...touching others.
    Congratulations on the graduation...such fun times.
    All the best and Happy New Year to you...may 2013 be a good one!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing how one kind thought can really put you back on track. I've enjoyed your kind thoughts and I love looking at your blog!

    -Liza

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you coming back? Hope you are all healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ann!
    I haven't been dilligent in my blogging duties but this post touched my heart....... The whole way you presented it is why people read/// you go girl... Maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ann,
    What a beautiful post! You have touched my heart. Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! first time reader. Love your style. Going in my book marks for sure! I have been looking for design ispiration for my office for a while. Wish I could pull of something like this! ps. I even blogged about it if you want to take a look. ;)
    Interior design ideas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every word is full of meaning. I never expect too much to see what's really happening on your blog. I have seen such beautiful ornaments and the arts but the most attractive of all is how you touch every person’s heart. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a beautiful post!!!! Thank you for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails