Saturday, November 8, 2008

Christmas at red

Photo redinfred.blogspot.com


She's been written about numerous times by bloggers - Mrs. Blandings, Garden Antiques, and design sponge - to name a few. D'Ette Cole is a favorite around these parts, a friend and supporter of our local design shop, red. Most of you probably read the article on D'Ette's creative and wonderful home in last month's Cottage Living. From uncommon objects in Austin to clutter at the Round Top shows to all kinds of other venues, D'Ette's creative spark and energy is contagious. Her bottle tree is just one example of clever Christmas decorating - in fact, I'll bet it's not Christmas at all, just one of her many fabulous creations!

photo - Cottage Living

The same quirky, incredibly creative energy is evident at red. You won't be surprised to know that Nikki of red, and D'Ette are friends. I had not been in the store in a while and stopped in a few days ago. Upon entering I was overwhelmed by the amazing colorful displays at every turn. The shop still has the great furniture and accessory selection as always, but this time of year it really sparkles with Christmas cheer.

Still carrying a wonderful selection of bella notte linens................

Lush towels and beautiful hour glasses....................

and here we go with Christmas...............................

wonderful vintage and new decorations of every kind and color..................
and lots of pink!! lots of pink!!


......what a cute tricycle!!



I love the use of industrial pieces for display and practical use, too.

Wonderful - mixing white and green pumpkins in old bird baths......................



.................creative display around every corner.................

Too tempting...............fun jewelry made from vintage beads and buttons.........................

To see more stockings go to redinfred.blogspot.com.......................

................what a good looking suzani print pillow....................


I think these might be my favorites - fish and pinecones..................great color!

Oh these are scrumptious!! What gorgeous coral and gold ornaments.

Had to add a little pop with these folky pillows...............and what a cool bin/coffee table.






Of course I want the whole deal - not just the tree. Someone has got to have the birdbath, the silver balls and the tree!! Stunning!

Thanks again to red for allwoing me to snap so many pictures. If you are in the area, you really should stop by - guaranteed to make you smile with holiday spirit!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I so want to visit this place and I was suppose to be in Fredricksburg on Wed. coming up, but no can do to a change of plans. Still on the agenda though...can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shades! and the suzani pillow and a million other things. Can't wait to go there one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Ann. I just zipped in to RED on Friday and was tickled by all of the uber-cool yule findings. And the Belle Notte linens (OMG!), I covet them every time I see them. Lucky, my mom has been stocking up on the whole look, so I can visit her stash until I can get my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHH Please tell me how to find the love pillow cases!! I searched red under linnens and just found down pillows... Email me plz at we_allens@yahoo.com Thanks!! LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bird bath and tree and yes I'm a fan of D'Ette's style. I think I saw a picture of her on Junk Gypsy's site from their sale this weekend. Thanks for the mention. Hope you have a great evening, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just stopped bye to tell you that I think I just unknowingly wrote about you lovely home. I stumbled on it today and wrote a post about it. I hope you don't mind. -Cheers, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you really feel Texas in the small towns like Fredricksburg, Kerrville, and New Braunfels. I love the "LOVE" pillow cases, would look great at my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, inspiring photos! Thanks so much for sharing these. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to visit. I love the LOVE pillow cases! Awesome. Great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails