Friday, October 2, 2009

Have a Heart - Posting in Pink


I am jumping on the bandwagon and posting in pink this month for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Sadly, I am sure there is not one among us who has not been directly affected by this disease or had a close friend or family member who has been. I have several friends who have battled breast cancer successfully and several who have died from it. It is indeed a life changer and a heart breaker.


Remember to get your mammogram and click here to support "the breast cancer site", which is a site set up to help women in need - low income, minority, inner city women whose awareness of breast cancer and opportunity for help is sometimes limited.

Check my post on Round Top, too, to see cute Janet Romine in her most appropriate pink dress sitting at her pink podium. Love it!!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, too true...we have all been touched by this in some way.
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a scare a few years back, so now I'm really, really anal about getting myself checked out regularly. And I lecture my friends about it, too. I really need to add something to my sidebar about BCA month.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting the link to the "Breast Cancer Site". I am sorry to hear that you have had personal losses from this disease:-(
    My darling, late Father was a reconstructive surgeon, and I know how many patients he helped to deal with this very personal issue, after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link...we all certainly need to do our part!
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann! Thanks for stopping by the ole studio. Someday I will actually have time to sew for myself and do some fun decorating (what you didn't see in the shot was the over whelming pile of magazines that need to be culled, the dust bunnies, books, and most likely some stray shoes!).

    Actually, your blog first inspired me to "blog pink" this month! Loved the Round Top post, too! You always uncover the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys my name is Angelina, new here :)

    [url=http://buyneopoints540.tumblr.com/]buy neopoints[/url]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails