Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Country Home......Wishful Thinking

Dashing through the Nashville airport, I caught a glimpse of this on a newsstand. I didn't even have time to check it out - just grabbed it and bought it with some other items. Hoping it was a "come back", but not knowing for sure until the total due was fifteen and some odd cents - whoops, not your ordinary magazine! Make that $12.99 for the magazine and the rest for gum and water!

Photo - Kim Cornelison

Upon closer inspection, I read "Meredith Specials" meaning a special edition put out by the Meredith Corporation. Oh well, it was a fun,  but fleeting thought.

Sometimes these special issues are redundant as I have usually read and re-read everything that interests me in prior issues and torn out all of my favorites..............


Photo - Maura McEvoy

This issue is really nicely done, though, with no ads and tons of personal stories about different folks and their personal decorating styles. I like it.

 Styled by Jody Kennedy, Photo - John Granen


Photo - Helen Norman




Photo - Edmund Barr


If you enjoyed Country Home magazine, you might pick up this special issue.  It is full of personal spaces designed by real people with great style.

I think it's a keeper.


11 comments:

  1. Oh my, love that magazine, I'll head out to get that issue! I love where you live too, it's not far from Austin!

    Happy I found your blog!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart just STOPPED!! I thought for a second...... I adored 'Country Home' and was so happy each month when it arrived in the mail. Yes, wishful thinking on my part too!
    These images don't look familar to me from my archives (thankfully I kept almost all of the issues!), so will definitely pay the price for a little more CH!
    thanks for letting us know it was 'out there'!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely will be going and getting a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my copy yesterday and agree with you. It is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognized almost all the photos you featured,some can be found in my fav's file as I type. I'll definitely look for it on the newsstand, though...it'll be a great keepsake.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever do that to us again :>) Funny thing, I just went through a bunch of old ones the other day wishing it was back in publication! I loved that mag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx for sharing! I will keep my eyes open for this one.....
    have a great day....

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to know...i'll pick one up! looks like it's well worth the hefty price tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I must get to the bookstore to check this one out- looks good, even if some of them are repeats :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are a LOT of repeats in the special issue, but I still bought it and enjoy having it. I miss Country Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tip. I immediately went out and bought this issue...it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails